Thank you for your support for naga event 2019. Together we had offer crystals, herbs, grains, medication, fruits, lovely flowers and most importantly your kind thoughts for all sentient beings especially towards Naga. Every year we tried our best to improve and one of the key factors was to protect the environment so this year water soluble bags were used for the Naga pills and medicine. And all the bags used are recycle bags.
For this event we have include all attendee’s mother and we dedicate merits to them and hope all mother be at peace and have good health.
During the event I had also shared with you some little things we could do in our daily life which will make your life better. (PS: Hope the booklet is still with you) Please spend some time read the sutra and the key points and apply it in your daily life. Together we can make life beautiful and happier.
Once again we thank you for your kind sponsorship towards this event. We hope to see all of you again and meanwhile stay healthy and happy.
We have posted more pictures on Facebook page.
Please note with regards to our Naga event.
1) Closing of sponsorship for Naga Vase is tml. Do let me know your interest. For those who had responded please kindly send me your wish before 3rd March.
2) Timing for the event is changed to 4pm-7pm instead of the stated 11am to 2pm. Ferry will leave at 3.30pm.
3) Location is confirmed to be at Marina South Pier.
What is Chanting?
Chanting is a sound repeated with intention to transmit a certain frequency. By repeating these seed syllables we begin to vibrate from the inside out, becoming quite literally our own tuning fork. This frequency bypasses our human limitations and allows us to see through the illusions of the world with greater clarity.
The Language of Chanting
Each tradition contains its own sacred sounds which act as seeds or keys to unlock the mind. Sanskrit, for example, was not a language meant for communication; rather, it was a transmitter of energy. Guru Prem Singh Khalsa offers that “a mantra is a projection of the mind (Man=mind, Tra=wave/projection) to divinity.”Chanting these ancient sounds that created our universe can then reconnect us with her primordial grace.
Benefits of Chanting
When we chant, we engage in a psycho-spiritual and physical exercise, altering our cells.
Reduces stress, improves cognition, lowers heart rate, helps tune inward to become aware of distress in the physical body before it becomes illness.
Alleviates depression, reduces stress.
Moves us into unity consciousness, shifts us into co-creator mindset with the universe, reprograms the subconscious mind.
While the health benefits are immense and are now being widely researched, the spiritual gifts are where I get giddy. By chanting these nonsense sounds with no attachment to meaning, we are subtly replacing the subconscious fears and self-judgment with tones of love, peace and the sublime.
What is meditation?
Meditation is relaxation. It is not about concentration, it’s actually about de-concentration. It’s not about focussing one’s thoughts on one thing, but instead on becoming thoughtless.
Benefits of meditation
- A calm mind
- Good concentration
- Better clarity
- Improved communication
- Relaxation and rejuvenation of the mind and bodyWith meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more prana (energy). This result in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of prana in the body increases.
- On a physical level, meditation:
Health benefits of meditation
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energyMeditation brings the brainwave pattern into an alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful. It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down. With regular practice of meditation:
Mental Benefits of Meditation
- Anxiety decreases
- Emotional stability improves
- Creativity increases
- Happiness increases
- Intuition develops
- Gain clarity and peace of mind
- Problems become smaller
- Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
- A sharp mind without expansion causes tension, anger and frustration
- An expanded consciousness without sharpness can lead to lack of action/progress
- The balance of a sharp mind and an expanded consciousness brings perfection
Spiritual benefits of meditation
- Meditation doesn’t have a religion and can be practiced by anybody regardless of the faith they follow.
- Meditation makes you aware – that your inner attitude determines your happiness.
- Effortless transition from being something to merging with the infinite and recognizing yourself as an inseparable part of the whole cosmos
- In a meditative state, you are in a space of vastness, calmness and joy and this is what you emit into the environment, bringing harmony to the Creation/planet.
- Meditation can bring about a true personal transformation. As you learn more about yourself, you’ll naturally start discovering more about yourself and love yourself.
To experience the benefits of meditation, regular practice is necessary. It takes only a few minutes every day. Once imbibed into the daily routine, meditation becomes the best part of your day! Busy people from all backgrounds are grateful to pause and enjoy a refreshing few minutes of meditation each day. Dive deep into yourself and enrich your life.
However all the above remains a text or information if you don’t practice it. So do join me this coming Friday (22/02/2019) at 8pm at my place to have a feel of what meditation and chanting is all about.
Naga Offering Puja (供龙王法会) will be held on 10th March 2019 at the western sea of Singapore. (Location to be confirm)
It is believed that by doing this offering one’s present wealth, fame, relationship, health, confidence, merits will improve, obstacles and sickness will be eliminated.
We should also dedicate the merit both toward the fulfilment of our aspiration, and also for the benefit of all sentient beings. For example, if one wishes to be free from a particular suffering such as a skin disease, the Naga Vase offerings should be dedicated to the peace and well being of the injured Naga, and the aspiration can be made that by this offering may all beings afflicted by the wrath of the Naga be forgiven for their mistakes and may they meet with the cessation of their ailments etc. Similarly one should also hope that all beings awaken to the heart of enlightenment by this generosity and may this Naga offering assures prosperity for all beings.
Limited number of Naga Vase (龙王宝瓶) is available for sponsorship.
Sponsorship of Naga Vase
(Registration will start on 18th Feb 2019 and close on 1st March 2019)
Naga Vase (龙王宝瓶):
Ferry Fees and Offerings: S$60
For all sponsorship of vase and participation of event please contact,
Dom @ (90401072)
Event Date and Timing:
10th March 2019 from 11am-2pm
10.30am to meet up at Marina South Pier. (Please note that ferry will leave at 10.45am)
Please note that all those going on board the ferry to participate must observe the following from 9th March @2300hrs,
– Do not consume any meat for that day (Vegetarian for that day);
– Do not consume any pungent foods (e.g. garlic, onion etc.);
– Do not apply cosmetics, perfumes and fragrances toiletries;
– Do not smoke, and do not consume alcohol;
– Keep your clothing clean and free from odour or fragrance.
For enquires please contact,
Finally gotten 高王观世音，普贤菩萨，文殊菩萨 into my altar. To share the joy I will be putting up these statues for sponsorship. Do msg me if you are keen with the selection and your full name in Chinese and your DOB. Thanks.
1) 高王观世音像 9 person each $72
2) 普贤菩萨像 3 person each $72
3)文殊菩萨像 3 person each $72
Dear all thank you for your interest for this event. All slots taken. Once again thank you.